Saturday, November 21, 2009

WEEK 7- Teaching Large Classes & Using PowerPoint Interactively

Dear friends,

For this week we had two important and interesting topics.

First it was about teaching large classes. For me the articles I read about this topic were very useful. I got, clearer picture about large classes. I, also, got new techniques for controlling large classes as: Just-in-Time Teaching, Beating the Numbers Game, Effective Teaching in Large Classes, Personalizing Language Learning in Large Classes, Build on what the students already know, Learning Should Be Meaningful...etc… Then I got new solutions for large classes as: Extra plan, Multimedia technology, Open-ended tasks, and Team work…etc...

For the above said information the following two articles were useful:

1- Teaching Strategies for Large English Classes by: Jianling Peng* Kunming University of Science & Technology.
2- Personalizing Language Learning in Large Classes by: Chao-ching Lin .

The second topic of this week was about: Effective PowerPoint Presentations. Like large classes topic, I got new information about this one as well. The most important area which I got benefit is educational area i.e. how to prepare an effective lecture & lesson with PowerPoint. Before this week's topic I had technical information about PowerPoint, and now I know how to use this technical information in the educational field.

Best wishes,
Shaswar.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Shaswar,

    I have always looked for your blog, obviously you have made a new blogger but did not erase the old one, I still have the old one added to my friends' list, and when I view it I find only a post from last month, I was surprised why you weren't posting.So I went to the links info on nicenet and finally found your blog. Are you playing hide and seek with us Shaswar?;) hehe

    I liked your post and like your layout.

    Yours,

    Shayma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shaswar,

    PowerPoint is a great tool. Like all powerful tools, it can be used well or poorly. I'm sure you'll be creating wonderful, interactive PowerPoint shows for your class!

    Yours,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete